At CBC, we long to see everyone in a smaller Christ-centered group where your name and your needs are known. Community groups are an excellent way for you to grow deeper in your relationship with God and to be known, cared for, and encouraged in a spiritual family. Most groups have 4-6 married couples or 8-12 individuals who meet regularly to pursue authentic relationships, experience biblical fellowship, and deepen their love for God together.
* Join us at our Young Adult Group Link where you can find a new small group for Young Adults
* Community Groups for Singles & Married Couples.
* To learn more, click here
* Community Groups for Married couples, Men’s, Single Adult & Sr. Adults (35+).
* Are you looking to join a new community group at CBC? Group Link is for you! Group Link is a two-week process on Sundays mornings (from 10:00-11:15AM) where you will strategically meet others at CBC in a similar life-stage and geography for the purpose of forming a new community group. We’ll laugh together, learn the marks of a healthy community group, and launch you into a new group! Registration is required. Click here to see the upcoming dates, FAQ’s, and to RSVP! (At Group Link you will be able to find these community groups: Married couples, Men’s, & Co-ed 30/40s & 50+.)
* Join us at our Women’s Community Group Nights where you can find a new small group for women!
* To learn more, click here.
* Women’s Community Groups of all ages.
“I was nervous about possibly not fitting in. I don’t know as much about the Bible as I should. Everyone, absolutely everyone, I’ve met has been incredibly gracious and down-to-earth.” – Lauri
“I am flattered by the awesome people our family was paired with. We are new to the area and really needed friends, we found a SOLID, godly community! Thanks, CBC 🙂 “- Letty
“God knows who you need and who needs you! Our group felt like family after our first meeting. We all knew we were brought together for a reason.” – Ilene
“My wife and I joined CBC a few months ago. We literally joined CBC for the need for community and relationships with other like-minded people. Group Link and our now community group have provided this for us and it is truly a blessing in our lives! GRATEFUL!” – John
“I went in not knowing what to expect or whether I would fit in or belong, and I’m happy to say I found my biblical community with those who feel the same.” – Deandra
While most of our Adult community groups fall into four main categories (Married couples, Men’s, Women’s, & Co-ed Singles), we also recognize there are some unique life-stages and backgrounds that help make excellent community groups, as well. A few unique community groups we currently offer are military couples, Spanish speaking and parents of special needs children. To learn more, click here.
To learn more, click here
CBC has written a Launch Curriculum for the first 8-weeks of your new community group! (Most groups receive this after completing Group Link and starting their new group.) If you’d like to receive copies for your group, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to see a full list of our Community Group Resources.
At CBC, we long to see everyone in a small, Christ-centered group where your name and your needs are known. Community groups are an excellent way for you to grow deeper in your relationship with God and to be known, cared for, and encouraged in a spiritual family. Most groups have 4-6 married couples or 8-12 individuals who meet regularly to pursue authentic relationships, experience biblical fellowship, and deepen their love for God together.
1. There are three ways to join a group at CBC:
Join Us in Our CBC Process –
Young Adult Group Link is for Singles & Married Couples, ages 25-35
Group Link is for Married couples, Men’s, Single Adults & Sr. Adults (35+)
Women’s Community Group Nights is for women of all ages.
In each environment, you will have an opportunity to meet others at CBC based on your availability and preferences (night of the week, geography, people you met, etc.) for the purpose of forming a new community group! You can expect a time of fun in a relaxed environment while learning more about what a healthy and strong community group looks like. Registration is required for all three ministries. For more information, email email@example.com
2. Join an Existing Group – Do you have a friend in an existing community group? If so, ask them if they have room for one more! We love it when friends join existing groups through personal friendships.
3. Start a New Group – Do you already have 8-12 friends who are looking to begin a new community group? If so, let us know! We have an 8-week Community Group Curriculum we’d love to give your group that will provide training, instruction, and direction on your new group together. We also have Community Group Leader training we’d like to invite the leader to, as well. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Most of our groups are formed based on a similar life-stage and geography to others. These include:
Most singles groups meet weekly for the purpose of encouragement, fellowship & spiritual growth.
Most married groups meet every other week as couples and as same-genders in the off-weeks for deeper encouragement, accountability, and prayer.
Community groups meet in homes throughout the San Antonio area. This gives our groups an excellent opportunity to demonstrate biblical hospitality, a close proximity, and a warm environment to locally connect (Acts 2:42-47).
Each community group time is around 90-minutes to 2 hours. The time usually is broken into one hour of relational, fellowship, and sharing time and another hour that is centered on God’s Word through a study of some kind.
Every new community group receives an 8-week starter curriculum provided by CBC. The goal is to give every newly-formed group a strong foundation and common vision as it begins. Through the study you’ll discuss the marks of a healthy community group, share Life Maps (your story of how you met Christ), discuss biblical conflict resolution, and more. After the initial study completes, groups are free to select any Christ-centered resource they determine as a group. If you’d like to see our list of resources, click the “Community Group Resources” link below.
Since most of our groups are hosted in homes, childcare is not provided. We allow each family make the choice that is best suited for their family during group time. (Examples we’ve seen include: utilizing local family assistance, a shared sitter, or kids playing in different room during adult conversations). However, we do host our single parent community groups on CBC’s campus, where childcare is provided. (For more information on our single parent groups, you can email email@example.com.)